Monday, September 12, 2016

You Only Live Twice

Isla Mujeres (and the beautiful Caribbean water) was a perfect place to spend my birthday. It's strange to me, celebrating 50! First, I never knew if I'd make it to 50 (I had some reckless years). I never thought I'd still be trying to figure out what I want to 'do'. (In reality, I already do the things I love most and it's just figuring out what to pursue for income-generating work.) I don't feel 50, whatever that means anyway.


After breakfast on my birthday, I walked over to the Yoga Tree House and took a class with instructor Greg, and met Sarah, from North Carolina, who was there celebrating her 40th birthday the same day! What are the chances?

George rented a scooter and we rode around the island and stopped at the sculpture park/Ixchel.























The beaches are beautiful and the water was warm.
  

We had a nice dinner at the Oceanus restaurant where we dined at a table on the actual sand. We brought a piece of tiramisu back to the hotel to share later. Yum!

Back on the ferry to Cancun, and head home to Merida on the 4+ hour bus ride. I won't tell you my actual wish, but my intention is to spend more of my days present and aware, whatever I am doing. (Thanks yoga and breath and prayer and gratitude for being great tools!)

Here's to another trip around the sun. Salud!

After all, "You Only Live Twice."

No comments:

Post a Comment