Saturday, March 4, 2017

ayer y hoy (yesterday and today)


Yesterday I went to the English Library to hear a Writers Group panel speak about writing. I got there late and missed half, but I was in the presence of writers, which often inspires me to write. It's been breezy here in Merida lately. I can still hear the wind blowing strong against the trees.
Martine's Basil Plant



I also visited my friend Martine yesterday. She has the biggest basil plant growing that I've seen. I am going to move my small basil plant into a bigger pot!







pancakes with side of mango
 This morning I tried one of the those recipes I've seen on Facebook where you watch the short video of it being prepared. It was two-ingredient pancakes and it worked well! Mash one banana, then mix one egg in with it (I added some chia seeds) then pour in pan to cook. I thought they came out pretty good. If you like, give it a try.





These two Sisters were walking in front of me. I don't know why,
 but I love when I see them on the streets in any city.














Today I walked to the Slow Food Market, I picked up salad greens, brown eggs, ginger root (to make ginger iced-tea), pumpkin seeds, and radishes. Then I had lunch with two friends Martine, and Alex, at the yummy Korean restaurant in that area. I love meeting with these two expat friends. We enjoy each others company, and offer each other support and different perspectives. Actually, that is true with most of my friends!

I also got to see another amigo Jerry for a little while. He's smart and funny and we had some good laughs. 


This social community, plus staying in contact with other good friends around the world has added so much to my life. It's worth the time it takes for writing long emails, and having skype calls. Is there someone you have in mind, or would like to hear from? If you choose, take a few minutes and let them know you are thinking of them.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment